The Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guild Members and Raiding

2 posters

Go down

Guild Members and Raiding Empty Guild Members and Raiding

Post  Ghosterlm Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:33 pm

First of all, I suggest that every Member of the Guild MUST make an account here. It should not be a requirement, but and obligation. This forum will be their primary info/intel source. They will find and post here everything they need to find out or let the other know.

Secondly, about Raiding:
I see that we have a vent server. I think this server should be used by everyone in raiding, but mostly, by officers and high-ranked members of the guild when raiding. They must lead the raid properly and with vent it is easier.

The DKP (Dragon Killing Points) is a good and fair raiding system. You get points for each boss you kill, depending on the instance/dungeon/raid and you BID them in guild raids for items you need. Using this system, we avoid lucky guys that get most of the items from a raid. Imagine one guy getting more than 4 items in an ICC raid, because of his high rolls.
For example:
10 DKP for each boss in OD and for each HC RDF finished.
15 DKP for each boss in VoA.
20 DKP for each boss in ICC.
Each members starts with an amount of 30 DKP and they bid them in guild raids.
If this system is approved, I would be glad to take care of the issue and apply it in guild. I will help you apply it and take care of it in any required way.

More info if you are interested, will be posted. I wait for an answer on this issue.

Thirdly, about Members and proper work of the Guild:
Arrow I am a former Officer of <Exaltias> and former Guild Master of <Elder Knights>.
I know how a guild should be lead and how members should be in that community.
We had a quote: "We are different people from different backgrounds that share a common bond." You will figure out about that bond in time.
Members should help each other with EVERYTHING. From consumable items, to gold and other different stuff. I mean EVERYTHING you need and you can offer.
Why we do this?
Think about it for a second: We help other in order to help us. If we help a member to gear up, he will help us in raids, with other stuff we need. How? - He will become stronger and able to do things easier.
Moreover, this won't turn the economy system round up. Everything it will be in a progress with hard work but useful and lovely and it's the help we give and get that mentains the economy and development up.

Thanks for reading and I am waiting for replies and I hope that what i wrote was not uselss and some measures will be apllied in order to those presented above.
bounce
Ghosterlm
Ghosterlm

Back to top Go down

Guild Members and Raiding Empty Re: Guild Members and Raiding

Post  Phunkie Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:04 am

Very good ghost. im glad to see you have taken an interest in the guild and have put some thought into helping us out and making some suggestions.

As for a post to your reply to your post, me and the officers and admins keep in good contact with each other. I have all of them either on facebook, MSN, or i have their phone number. These people are the ones I have known for a very long time. The people I can trust with something so delicate.

As for a DKP system ive decided not to use one, because we have used one in the past with our previous Guild. But it was 110% better than the old DKP system. It was calledEPGP. The system was based on participation (EP), the Gear you received from a guild raid (GP) and the priority you were on the list (PR).
The way this worked was for each boss we downed in a End Game Raid, you received points for it, also if we cleared the raid with no afkers, the whole group got more points.
The way this worked for us is that unlike DKP your EP points never were spent, they just kept building up. The way loot was decided was when you won gear each piece of gear had a GP on it. (Gear points) Based on the item level and how important the piece was for your character you were awarded GM also. your EP was divided by your GP. and the number you got from that was called PR or priority. Who ever wanted the item, they whispered the Raid leader with a link of the item that they wanted. Who ever had the highest PR that wanted an item, they got it. and the GP from that item was added to them, therefor bringing their PR down, so others could receive items.

Why this worked besides DKP:
DKP can be hoarded. making vet members win all the loot for a while, depending on how many they saved up. This got new members discouraged. EP could not be hoarded or built up because the system had a "Decay" rate. every week the EP you currently have was decreased by 15%. the more you have the more you lose each week.
There was also a Minimum EP you had to have in order to get items from a raid. meaning the first 3 or 4 raids you did, you might not get anything. this keeps the vet members happy because they have participated with the guild longer and therefor deserve the effort they put in.

But very good suggestions Ghost. maybe when we have more members we can reconsider this. but as for right now, its a little overbearing on the new members. So lets build up membership and just have fun =) Also vent will be used for raids and i will be requiring all or most all people to join in during those times.

Thx for reading =))

Phunkie
Admin

https://the-asylum.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ghosterlm Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Haha. I can't believe I managed to read that. Very Happy
Anyway, interesting to find out about that. Oke. Thanks for reply, Phunkie.
Ghosterlm
Ghosterlm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down